Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Happy Halloween!

 

 A few days late getting this on here, but the girls had such a fun Halloween. The Sunday before the girls carved their pumpkins. Addisyn chose a cat face for hers and then picked out a jack-o-lantern face for Alyse's pumpkin. Addisyn dug right in to scooping out the insides of hers, Alyse was not a fan. She barely stuck her hand in and would start flinging it and screaming. She then proceeded to the door telling me that she needed to wash her hands and that it was nasty. It was hard to hold back a laugh. And, that was pretty much the end of the pumpkins on Alyse's end. Addisyn stuck around though and helped Daddy to carve out the faces.


Addisyn had her party at school on Halloween morning. She was so excited that she was going to get to wear her Wendy costume to school. What was even more fun was that a little boy in her class was Peter Pan. How cute is that? She spent the morning rotating to different classrooms to play games and get some treats. I was able to go in and help, which was a lot of fun.





















Then, that night, we went and Trick or Treated in my grandmother's neighborhood. Alyse was very nervous walking up to the first house and actually made me pick her up and carry her to the door. Once she realized that they were handing out candy, she was all about it. She got to where we couldn't get to the next house quick enough. As soon as we would leave one house's doorstep, she would say "next house!" Addisyn was of course the seasoned pro and led the way. We made the entire loop and the girls did such a good job with walking and not complaining. They got some yummy candies and received so many compliments on their costumes (especially Addisyn's Wendy dress that grandma made for her). Every time someone would tell Addisyn about how pretty her dress would be, she would be sure to come back and relay the message to us about their thoughts. She is such a ham.


I also wanted to share my little Halloween "festiveness," a skeleton shirt. I found this applique on Pinterest, and it linked me to a shop on etsy. I bought this months ago just so that I wouldn't forget about seeing it. I thought it was so much fun. It was an applique that had "my" ribs and heart and then underneath was a little baby skeleton. I'll hold on to it until next year and hopefully someone will be pregnant and able to use it! I normally don't do pictures of myself, but I'll go ahead and post.



No comments:

Post a Comment