Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

12 weeks!

Yesterday, I hit the 12th week. One more week and I will officially be in the second trimester. I cannot believe how fast things seem to be moving. I still have that nasty nausea feeling that seems to be tapering off, some days are worse than others and some days I feel perfectly fine.

Another thing I noticed within the last week was that I have been insanely thirsty. I can't seem to get enough to drink. My aunt joked and said that it meant I was having a boy. However, everything else makes me think it is going to be yet another girl! Of course that is subject to change, because when I was pregnant with Alyse I was originally convinced that it was a boy and as it got closer and closer to the time of the gender scan, that feeling kinda disappeared and I didn't have any strong feelings of one over the other.

We told Addisyn and Alyse the other week that we were going to have another baby. Alyse had no idea what in the world we were talking about. Addisyn's response was that she already had a sister, but also wanted another one. She also said that she wanted a baby in her tummy too. Mommy told her that couldn't happen for a VERY long time.

On Saturday, Addisyn and Alyse finally got to meet their twin baby cousins, Nolan and Brixton, who were born March 21st. Addisyn was so excited and kept saying "I so cited" the entire morning leading up to the visit. She got to hold both babies and even fed Nolan a bottle. She was so happy! Alyse on the other hand was a bit standoffish and wasn't sure what to think of the tiny humans. Afterall, she's used to being the baby! She just kinda took to the sidelines and eventually got comfortable enough to pat their heads. They are just so tiny and so adorable!

Addisyn, baby Nolan, and Alyse
Addisyn and little Brixton

Next Tuesday, the 12th, I go into the doctor for a checkup and for an ultrasound. The ultrasound is to test for possible genetic conditions that the baby may be at risk for. Of course we are hoping that all the results come back normal and we have no reason to suspect they wouldn't. I've been wavering back and forth over whether or not to have the scan done, simply because I'm not quite sure what would happen in the event that the results were abnormal. The first step would be to decide whether or not we would like further testing that would be more invasive (like an amnio). And then from there, I'm not sure. Supposedly even when abnormal results show on the scan that I'm having done, most turn out to be false positives, creating pointless worries. However, in the event something were to really be wrong, I would want to know so that I could learn and research about what our future would hold for us. It's amazing at what medicine has to offer us!



1 comment:

  1. The boys were very happy to meet your sweet girls! Patrick and I were super impressed with how grown up and confident Addisyn is! She and Alyse will be a great help to you when Baby Dupp III debuts in December!

    ReplyDelete