Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

3D sonogram at 32w4d!



Saturday, at 32 weeks and 4 days we went for a 3D/4D sonogram. A couple months ago, Lisa sent me a link to a Living Social deal for this sonogram package for just $47! The same ultrasound costs $180 something dollars at my doctor's office, so this was quite a steal. And, it really makes me wish we had found a deal like this for Addisyn and Alyse's 3D pictures.

Her little hand
The place was really nice and clean, and the tech was very friendly. Little baby gummy was her typical self and spent most of her time hiding from the camera. Either she had her hand in her face, or the placenta would get right in the middle of everything. After spending a few minutes tapping on my belly, having me turn on my side,  and having me press in in specific areas of my belly, we were finally able to get a couple of clear views of her face. And, boy! She sure does look like Alyse. All the way from her cheeks to her toes!


Little piggies!
Even though this is number three, it is still just so exciting to see the little babe moving around inside my tummy. Sure, I feel her all the time but to see her WHILE I feel her movements is just absolutely amazing. It's really just something you can't even describe. We watched her yawn and move her hands around. It surely is a little miracle.

Addisyn and Alyse both were excited to see the whole thing on the big screen that they had set up in the room. Addisyn especially. In fact, when I told her what we were going to be doing that afternoon she was ecstatic and was kinda disappointed once she learned that the baby wasn't going to be coming out (yet!) and that we were going to get pictures of her INSIDE of mommy's belly. She just can't wait to meet her new little sister. Alyse on the other hand, isn't too thrilled. Whenever someone mentions the baby to her she will get real quiet and give the silent treatment. Poor babe. I'm sure she will adjust well once the baby is actually here and that she can physically see her. At least that's what I'm hoping!

Sucking on her wrist 


Anyways, "little" Gummy is just like her big sisters and is measuring big in the weight department. 4 pounds and something ounces. Going by weight, it would estimate the due date at December 8, instead of my official due date of December 18. Just one more sign to show that there really is a good chance she will be coming early. Selfishly, coming at the beginning of December would be awesome so that things could settle down before Christmas, but of course we only want that if she's going to be perfectly healthy and ready at that point. Only time will tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment