Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

29 weeks!

29 weeks is already here. I can say that I'm finally starting to actually feel pregnant (the only other time was being sick and gross those first couple months). Sometimes I feel like there's going to be some sort of alien baby ripping through my stomach to invade the world. Weird, I know. But I've had dreams about it and sometimes the pulling of my skin really feels as if that is about to happen. Then there's the heartburn. It gets pretty bad. Bad enough to where the next time I'm out I'm buying some Tums. Water even triggers it. They're not kidding when they say heartburn is rough during the third trimester, because it was literally as soon as I hit the third trimester, hello heartburn.

Big event for our little-miss-two-year-old-Alyse today. She went pee pee in the potty for the very first time today! Kinda/sorta all on her own! The past few days she's been leaking through her diapers. We're talking an hour after being changed there will be a puddle on the floor. I don't know if she's just randomly become a super pee-er OR if it's because I bought a small pack of Luvs to get us through until the "good" diapers ship. I think it might be a combo. Anyways, I've been cleaning up pee from the floor because of that, so on a whim I put her in a pair of training pants this afternoon. Told her not to go pee pee in them and if she had to go to tell mommy so that she could sit on the potty. Maybe half an hour later (and after several trips to the potty chair) she started crying and saying "pee pee." And, there it was, a puddle on the ground. Cleaned her up and then got her in a new pair of pants. A few minutes go by and I hear her and Addisyn screaming and clapping and looking into the potty. I go and check and sure enough, a nice little pot of pee. Alyse was ecstatic and so proud of herself. We made a big deal, flushed it and told it "bye-bye," and then she was able to get some m&ms. Afterwards, she stayed dry for a bit, but then peed in the pants again after dinner. Hey, it's a good start though. We'll see where it goes! Not going to push anything! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment