Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

What's it going to be??

Today was the big day, the gender scan!! BUT, we still do not know if it's a boy or girl just yet, because we have a gender reveal party planned for Friday. I am so excited, and even though it's just a few days away, I feel like they are going to drag by. The ultrasound tech was awesome and just before she went to look in the leg area, she told us to look away. Doug and the girls came along to view and even to Doug's dismay he cooperated and didn't look (don't worry, I watched him since he was on the other side of the room from the screen). He is dying for a boy, but I keep telling him he's wrong. It will be so exciting to see for sure what this little babe is. I was sure to double check with the tech that she was sure over what she saw and she responded that she was because she had a clear shot. She also didn't write down 'boy' or 'girl' until AFTER we left the room so we wouldn't even be able to try to guess how many letters she wrote! She brought the sealed envelope to me in the waiting room, and after the appointment it went to the baker!

During the scan she was not able to get a view of the baby's heart (although she heard a perfectly strong heartbeat). She said this was probably due to the fact that I was only 17 weeks, when the scan is normally done at the 20 week mark. The baby also had it's head facing my back which was an awkward position to get that view of the heart as well. So just to be sure, my doctor is having me go to Winnie Palmer for another scan with better technology. She assured me that she wasn't worried over it, but was just going to be on the safe side. Hey, it's an extra chance to see the nugget, and I'll also have them confirm the gender and get to see for myself!

At my appointment, I also had the second round of blood work drawn for the NT testing. They said they would have results back within a week (which would then be combined with the initial blood work and ultrasound) to determine baby's chances of being born with a genetic disorder. If I don't hear from them in a week, all is well, and results will be gone over during my next appointment in August. Hoping for no phone call!

Until Friday, we'll be sitting around and speculating over who's right in the gender guesses...can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment