Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Heart Check

Profile view...her head is on the left and she's looking up

Tuesday, July 24, I went to Winnie Palmer for a fetal echocardiogram. At the sonogram two weeks prior the ultrasound tech was not able to get a good view of the little bit's heart because it was still early (17 weeks) and the position she was in (upside down and facing backwards). Just to err on the side of caution Dr. Lambert sent me to Winnie Palmer to get the heart views and measurements needed to check to make sure everything was on track.

Thank goodness everything was absolutely perfect and at this time I will not have to go back to Winnie for a sonogram. Which is a huge sigh of relief in terms of that place was a mad house. So busy! I waited for over an hour past my scheduled appointment time and that was after arriving half an hour early per their request. Good thing I brought my kindle with me to keep me busy (finally got to start reading Defending Jacob, and have like 5 more library books waiting for me).

Looking from the bottom of her foot, like she's standing
The sonogram itself was the longest one I have ever had. Probably a good 45 minutes. The ones at my doctors office normally don't last over 10 minutes. The tech literally scanned every inch of this little girl's body. Well, aside from not being able to double check that she is in fact a she because her legs were crossed tight. There were over a hundred pictures by the time she finished. She was a pretty awesome tech though. She told me every single thing we were looking at (good thing she knew what most of those body parts were lol). We saw bones, toes, feet, fingers, hands, arms, spine, bladder, kidneys, her brain, and of course her heart. The little stinker was still in that same position from the sonogram before and made it very difficult for the tech to see everything that she needed to see. Even with all the poking and prodding she wasn't about to budge. Also, almost every time the tech would get a decent shot of her profile/face, she would instantly throw both of her hands up and cover her face up entirely. I guess she's a bit camera shy and/or stubborn. This behavior does bother me slightly because it truly reminds me of the spunky little Alyse we have. And, frankly, two little Alyse's running around is quite a scary thought ;)

Her face, skeleton style lol she has a bit more fat she needs to put on!
Once she was finished getting all the measurements she had the doctor review them and then he came in to tell me that everything looks perfect and that he has absolutely no worries and to continue doing whatever it is I'm doing. Hopefully we'll actually get a chance to get a good look at the little babe inside before she makes her debut! We hardly have a profile shot of her because of the awkward position she is in. I just hope that by the time D-Day comes that she is set and facing the proper direction. I also had a bit of encouraging news that she's measuring overall on the smaller side, so maybe we won't have a toddler on her birth day after all!


A couple of side notes:

1) Winnie Palmer/Arnold Palmer now have free parking! woohoo! I was getting ready to pay at the guard gate (even made sure I had $4 cash with me before leaving) and the guard told me no more charges. I always thought it was quit dumb to make patients have to pay to park their cars during their visit.
2) Addisyn has named the baby. She said her name is "Onray." Note quite sure the spelling she has chosen but she pronounced it as ON-RAY. I guess she likes original names, as I asked her where she came up with it and she wasn't able to tell me.
3) Just three more weeks until the girls start their Ballet classes and four more weeks until Addisyn starts PRESCHOOL!! How in the world is she old enough for PRESCHOOL?!?!? :/
4) I updated my blog design, the other one was really annoying.


1 comment: