Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

(almost) 30 week pictures

First off, whoever said that stay-at-home-moms sit and do nothing are on crack. I'm sure I've accomplished more today that what a lot of people who were "working" did. I'm tired. Pre-school, ultrasound, ballet classes, grocery shopping, 4 loads of laundry, cleaning and sweeping the entire house, tending to the kids, and scoring 100 essays (so far). Umph.

Anyways, I had my appointment last Thursday and was measuring "big" in the fundal height so my doctor had me come in today to see the baby's actual measurements through ultrasound. This is pretty much the exact. same. scenerio. as it was with both Addi and Alyse. I was halfway expecting it to happen within the next few weeks anyways since with both the other girls I started measuring big around 30 weeks.

We FINALLY got a decent profile picture of little Gummy (for anyone not in the know, Gummy is the new name that Addisyn has given to the baby. She's all about originality!). She's head down and facing my back. Perfect position for delivery. Of course there is still plenty of time for her to move, but I'm hoping she stays put. She's also measuring within a week of my due date, so just like Addi and Alyse did she's just measuring big from the outside. Her actual measurements are right on track. I'm not sure how big she is pound-wise, just that her head and body are where a baby of her gestational age should be. So, looking good.

Not the clearest, but here she is face up. The bump is her nose and it looks like she's picking it! haha!

Megan came along with the girls to get a look. We were able to clearly see that Gummy is in fact really a girl. Really, no question. Crystal clear shot. We also saw her opening and closing her mouth with her tiny hands up under her chin. It's always fun to get a look.

I actually have another ultrasound booked at a 3D boutique on Saturday afternoon. I made this appointment a month or so ago, timing it just right to hopefully get some good shots of her. So we will actually be getting two looks at her in less than a week's time frame. It will be interesting to compare her 3D pictures to Addisyn and Alyse's. I'm excited. Hopefully we will get some better shots that what we got today.

I now have bi-weekly appointments at the doctor, so my next actual appointment will be at the end of next week. As of tomorrow, I will technically only have 10 weeks left and that's if I even last that long. We just finished up the girls' birthdays and I'm already trying to get Christmas ideas together and shop a bit here and there. I definitely won't be shopping come December, so this will be the first time ever that I've started Christmas shopping so early. I've bought a few baby things here and there and I'm just putting them away for Santa gifts :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for baby "Gummy Duppenthaler"! Love my family and can't wait to meet my new baby cousin!<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. yes, they definitely come up with the funniest things. sometimes i just look at her and laugh thinking where in the world she came up with that. no name yet. we have absolutely no idea. it's so hard, especially because we've already done this two other times. hopefully she'll end up with something more appropriate than gummy. we do keep the names a surprise anyways though, so we still have a few more weeks to decide without any pressure from others :)

    ReplyDelete