Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

11 weeks old!

Last week at school, Addisyn had her Father's Field and Fun day, where Doug came to school with her for the morning. They had breakfast together and then had activities to go to and complete with each other. The whole day was superhero themed and you can probably imagine our house lacks anything remotely superhero. Well, actually that is a lie. Addisyn and Alyse both have a "batgirl" superhero cape that they recieved at Jackson's birthday party this past year. However, Addisyn says that it is silly and she won't wear it. The kids and dads were encouraged to wear superhero attire. I tried all my convincing to get Addi to wear the batman cape but she outright refused. Also, when her teacher asked her what she was going to wear she told her (and apparently with her hand on her hip) that she couldn't be a superhero because she was a princess and that superheroes are silly anyways. What a stinking DIVA!! Needless to say, she wore a Cinderella dress to superhero day.

A rare picture with Alyse smiling!
Alyse has been using the potty here and there. Mainly when she decides that she wants some candy. She's figured out the system for sure. She also has a sticker chart, but she only gets the sticker if she goes in the potty AND kept her diaper/pull-up/panties dry. There was one day last week where I had her in cotton training pants and she peed in them, and thus the floor, 5 times. I tired of cleaning that up and she went back to the diapers. A couple nights ago after getting out of the bathtub and brushing her teeth and while on the way to her room to get dressed she shat the floor (and yes, I just used the word shat lol). I took an obligatory poo on the ground picture (Addisyn did it once too). I will spare you that image though ;)







Ella is growing so fast still, like it will ever stop. I think her hair is starting to lighten up. In some lights it looks brown instead of black. This trends after both her big sisters so I'm going to make my official guess that she will have their hair color. *knock on wood* I think that she's figured out a nighttime routine. She's generally down for the count sometime between 9 and 11, normally it's around 10. That's my snuggle time with her while she's not wriggling around. Then, I normally head to bed around midnight and that's when I put her in the cradle. She stays there until 4 or 5 when she gets up for a quick feed and then back down for the rest of the night. It's a good little schedule. I'll be happy when she drops that early morning snack. I'm really just thankful that she doesn't get up during the George Lopez timeslot of Nick at Nite anymore. I can't stand that show! Now, I get to watch either My Wife and Kids or Yes, Dear, depending on when she gets up. And, by the way, why are these shows even on Nick at Nite, I remember when Nick at Nite were "classics," maybe just a sign I'm getting old?


Ella also spent her first time on her play gym yesterday. I forgot that we even had it so I got it all set up. She loved sitting under it and especially loved the little elephant pillow and mirror that hook onto it. She was also quite mesmerized by the lights. She probably laid there for a good hour playing and with her sisters coming and going to chat and rattle some of the toys on it. She eventually ended up passing out and took a little catnap.

Nothing too exciting coming up in these next few days. Just enjoying my babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment