Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy 2013

I think this New Year was the very first that we spent at our actual home. We are either out at mom and dad's for a bonfire, Hudson, or the river. Nope, not this year! And, it was quite the uneventful night too. Addi and Alyse were in bed by ten. Ella snuggled inmy arms. Me, grading essays. Doug watching a movie. Didn't even get to see the ball drop!

New Years's Day was Ella's third week birthday. I was looking at her tonight and was taken aback at how much I think she's grown. I know she's still tiny, but she's fitting into her little lamb seat and bouncer chair better. Before, she just seemed so small in it. Maybe, it's not so much she's growing per se, maybe just stretching out. I just want her to stay itty bitty longer. Sure, it's fun once they are more interactive, but really I just want to savor the dependency and the cuddles. It's one of my most favorite things in the whole world.


Ever since her first poop explosion last week, she's had a few more. Thts always fun to clean. Addisyn is particularly grossed out by it. Talking about going to the bathroom, Alyse is working on potty training. I thinks she's pretty much ready, but I feel kinda bad because right now I don't have the time to give her the attention she needs to work with her. Today, she kept her diaper dry from when she woke up all the way until some point during her nap. She asked to use the potty a few times and I also asked her if she needed to go a couple of other times. Her biggest motivation is of course the two m&ms she gets for a successful trip. I should be finished with a huge essay
workload in Monday, and at that point,
I hope to really get on the ball with her.
How nice it will be to not have to do
her diaper anymore.


Next week, we return to our normal routines. Back to school and back to ballet for Addisyn and Alyse. I know they are ready, but I'm going to miss the sleeping in. I know once they get back on the schedule of getting up early MWF, they'll be back to getting up at that time everyday again. It been nice having them sleep until 9:30/10:00 each morning. Especially, when I'm up a few times a night with a baby.

With that, here's to a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2013. Cant wait to see all the good things in store for our family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment